Mommy makeover is a combination of breast and body contouring procedures that aim to restore a woman’s body after pregnancy.
Pregnancy takes a toll on the body, resulting in noticeable changes especially in the breasts, abdomen, and waist. A mommy makeover may be right for you if you are bothered by the appearance of your body and have trouble areas that cannot be corrected with a healthy diet and exercise alone. The procedures can help you look and feel your best and boost your confidence and self-esteem.
Common Reasons Women Consider A Mommy Makeover
- Stubborn fat in areas of the body such as the abdomen, waist, back bra roll, and hips
- Breasts that are drooping
- Breasts that are deflated as a result of breastfeeding
- Excess abdominal skin
- Stretch marks
Who is a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Generally, women who have completed childbearing and resumed a healthy diet and exercise regimen are the most appropriate candidates for a mommy makeover.
Having realistic expectations about what a mommy makeover can achieve is essential, and being at a stable weight, a nonsmoker, and in good overall health, can help ensure the greatest success for your surgery.
Mommy Makeover Surgery
During your thorough consultation and evaluation in Dr. Mahmood’s Union Square, NYC office, she will work with you to create a treatment plan tailored to your needs and goals. Often this can be a combination of breast lift, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, liposuction, and other procedures. Mommy makeover surgery is performed in Dr. Mahmood’s operating suite. It is a same-day outpatient procedure, meaning patients are able to return to the comfort of their home after the surgery.
One of the unique aspects of mommy makeover surgery is that it is customized to each individual patient. Mommy makeover by Dr. Mahmood frequently includes a combination of the following procedures:
- Breast Lift
- Breast lift is used in mommy makeover to correct sagging breasts by removing excess skin, reshaping the breast, and elevating the nipple. This restores the breasts to a more youthful, pre-pregnancy appearance.
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast augmentation with implants is used to restore volume to breasts that have become deflated due to pregnancy or breastfeeding, to correct asymmetries, and to provide a beautiful décolletage.
- Breast Reduction
- Breast reduction removes excess tissue in the breasts, including glandular tissue, fat, and skin. Enlarged areolas are also corrected during a breast reduction. Breast reductions create breasts that are smaller and better proportioned to your body, as well as help to reduce the symptoms of neck and back pain and difficulty exercising and finding appropriately fitting clothing, that are all commonly associated with overly large breasts.
- Liposuction removes stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet or exercise. The procedure is commonly performed on the abdomen, waist, thighs, back, bra roll, arms, and chin, but can be used to treat almost all areas of the body. While liposuction does remove fat permanently, it does not treat excess skin.
- Tummy Tuck
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) restores a mom’s abdominal wall, called rectus diastasis, or muscle separation, while removing excess fat and skin. This procedure creates a toned abdominal appearance and is frequently combined with liposuction of the waist to provide a contoured waistline.
- Scar Revision
- Scar revision is ideal for mothers who have had a C-section and are bothered by the appearance of the scar. Dr. Mahmood can revise the scar to provide a more pleasing result.
Recovery & Aftercare
Mommy makeover recovery time generally ranges from 1 to 3 weeks but can vary based on the type and extent of procedures.
After the procedure, patients are advised to refrain from heavy lifting for one month, so assistance with childcare and routine chores may be needed.
Mommy makeover results are noticeable immediately after surgery, but the final results of the procedure take approximately 3 – 6 months to be fully appreciated.
Mommy Makeover Cost NYC
Since the procedure is highly customizable the cost of mommy makeover surgery varies. Dr. Mahmood is committed to helping her Union Square, New York patients tailor their procedures to meet their specific post-pregnancy goals, so every case begins with a comprehensive consultation where Dr. Mahmood examines the patient and outlines surgery costs and considerations.
Mommy Makeover Consultation
Dr. Mahmood is a Board-Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon practicing in New York City, who has significant experience with mommy makeover procedures. She is sensitive to a patient’s needs and tailors each treatment plan to help each mother achieve her aesthetic goals.
Dr. Mahmood’s office is conveniently located at 37 Union Square West in New York City, near the heart of Greenwich Village and downtown NYC. Please call our office at 917-426-2936 for a consultation to learn about which mommy makeover procedures may be right for you.