Along with the effects of aging, pregnancy can also have a lasting impact on a woman’s body, with a patient’s breasts and abdomen no longer looking the way they did before children. A “mommy makeover” can help you look and feel your best and provide a significant improvement in self-esteem.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Pregnancy can take a toll on your body, resulting in changes in the breasts, abdomen, legs, face, and other areas of the body. Despite exercise and a healthy diet, you may still not be satisfied with the way your body has changed.
The “mommy makeover” is one of today’s most popular plastic surgery procedures, and is designed for women who have gone through pregnancy, have had changes in weight, or who desire treatment to more than one area of their body. Mommy makeover surgery is a combination of body contouring procedures, frequently involving the abdomen and breasts, that help to restore a woman’s body to a toned and youthful appearance.
One of the unique aspects of a mommy makeover is that it is tailored to an individual patient’s needs and goals. For those near the heart of Greenwich Village, Union Square, or downtown NYC, contact Dr. Mahmood for a consultation to discuss your options.
What is Included in a Mommy Makeover?
Procedures that are included in a mommy makeover performed by Dr. Mahmood frequently include:
- Breast Lift: This procedure treats sagging breasts by reshaping, and elevates the nipple, to restore the breasts to a more youthful appearance.
- Breast Augmentation: Implants are used to restore volume to breasts that have become deflated due to pregnancy or breastfeeding, to correct asymmetries, and to provide a beautiful décolletage.
- Breast Reduction: This procedure removes excess tissue in the breasts, including glandular tissue, fat, and skin. Enlarged areolas are also corrected during a breast reduction. Breast reductions create breasts that are smaller and better proportionated to your body, in addition to reducing the symptoms of neck and back pain, challenges with exercising and finding appropriately fitting clothing, that are all commonly associated with overly large breasts.
- Liposuction: This procedure removes fat deposits that do not respond to diet or exercise. Liposuction is commonly performed on the abdomen, waist, thighs, back, bra roll, arms, and chin, but can be used to treat almost all areas of the body. Liposuction removes fat permanently, but does not treat excess skin.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a procedure that tightens the abdominal wall while removing excess fat and skin. This procedure creates a toned abdominal appearance and is frequently combined with liposuction of the waist to provide a contoured waistline.
- Scar Revision: For those who have had a C-section and are bothered by the appearance of the scar, Dr. Mahmood can revise the scar to provide a more pleasing result.
Who is a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Generally, patients who have completed childbearing and resumed a healthy diet and exercise regimen are the most appropriate candidates for a mommy makeover.
Having realistic expectations about what a mommy makeover can achieve is essential, and being at a stable weight, a nonsmoker, and in good overall health, can help ensure the greatest success with your mommy makeover surgery.
Mommy makeover surgery is performed in an outpatient operating suite and is a same-day procedure where you are able to return to the comfort of your home after the surgery. The recovery time varies based on the combination of procedures you undergo, and generally ranges from one to three weeks. Patients are advised to refrain from heavy lifting for one month, so assistance with childcare and routine chores may be needed.
Schedule A Mommy Makeover Consultation with Dr. Mahmood Today
Dr. Mahmood is a Board-Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon practicing in New York City, who has significant experience with mommy makeover procedures. She is sensitive to a patient’s needs and tailors each treatment plan to help each woman achieve her aesthetic goals.
Dr. Mahmood’s office is conveniently located at 37 Union Sq. West in New York City, near the heart of Greenwich Village and downtown NYC. Please call our office at 917-426-2936 for a consultation to learn about which procedures may be right for you.