Labiaplasty is offered at our best in class Upper East Side plastic surgery practice by our Ivy League trained, board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Umbareen Mahmood. Dr. Mahmood is an expert in labiaplasty procedures and has extensive experience in the field of labiaplasty plastic surgery. The goal of labiaplasty surgery is to preserve most of the natural contour and sensitivity of the labia minora with little to no scarring. Dr. Mahmood specializes in labiaplasty plastic surgery and offers cutting edge techniques and technology to provide her patients with the optimal results.
- We offer free labiaplasty consultations
- Labiaplasty takes less than one hour with minimal pain and discomfort. Most patients return to work within a few days!
- Women who seek the procedure for vaginal cosmetic surgery reasons may be unhappy with the way their labia look, which can affect self-esteem and intimate relationships.
Oftentimes women want to address discomfort from one or both enlarged labia. Some women experience pain and irritation during sexual activity, wearing certain clothing and during exercise like when riding a bike. The board certified plastic surgeon also makes sure to address any asymmetry that is also commonly caused by the protruding, and enlarged skin of the labia minora.
“Dr. Mahmood is the best plastic surgeon in NYC and I mean it. I am in love with my labiaplasty results and cant believe I waited so long! I have 3 kids and I just wanted to get my self confidence back. I’m so glad I did! I was back to work in 2 days with very little pain and swelling. This Upper East Side Manhattan office is just the best and I couldn’t be happier!” ~ Realself
Labiaplasty plastic surgery performed by Dr. Umbareen Mahmood at her Upper East Side, NYC office can greatly improve a woman’s quality of life by allowing the patient to be more comfortable and improving self esteem.
There are two types of Labiaplasty surgery:
- Labia minora (inner vaginal lips) reduction: Large labia minora can cause problems with sexual activity, wearing certain clothing, sporting activities and exercise. This type of labiaplasty surgery “labia minora reduction” is often referred to simply as “labiaplasty”.
- Labia Majora (outer vaginal lips) Reduction: Often caused by childbirth, weight gain or loss or a woman can be develop a large labia majora. Liposuction of the labia majora (labia majora reduction) will greatly improve the look and cosmetic appearance as well as comfort level.
Labiaplasty plastic surgery is performed by the Ivy League trained board certified plastic surgeon at her surgical suite On Upper East Side in Manhattan, NYC. Dr. Mahmood expertly creates a symmetrical and natural result while our staff makes sure the patient is comfortable throughout the entire procedure.
The goals of Dr. Mahmood’s vaginal rejuvenation procedures is to:
- Preserve or restore natural contour
- Remove excess skin and tissue
- Retain pleasurable sensation in the area
- Achieve minimal patient downtime and scarring
There are two labiaplasty plastic surgery techniques that Dr. Mahmood uses for the labiaplasty procedure.
- Trim technique
The trim technique is the most widely used labiaplasty method. This technique creates a very thin incision that is hidden within the fold of the labia and removes the redundant edge of the inner labia. This approach symmetry between the inner and outer labia. An additional benefit of the trim technique is it trims the darkest part of the labia which, for many women, is a leading cosmetic consideration for the procedure.
- Wedge technique
The wedge technique is an alternative to the trim. This approach calls for the removal of a “wedge” from both sides of the labia and then stitches the remaining edges together using dissolvable sutures.
Labiaplasty plastic surgery is commonly performed with topical and local anesthetic (to numb the area completely) without IV sedation however, IV sedation can be arranged for patients that request it.
Recovery & after care
Mild discomfort at the surgical site will typically resolve over the course of the first week. For 48 hours after labiaplasty, patients should intermittently ice the area and elevate their hips on pillows.
A labiaplasty consultation is necessary to determine if labiaplasty plastic surgery is right for you. During your labiaplasty consultation with the board certified plastic surgeon at our Upper East Side location in NYC, Dr. Umbareen Mahmood will work with you to help you achieve your goals. Contact us today to book your labiaplasty consultation with Dr. Umbareen Mahmood at our Upper East Side location and be one step closer to your plastic surgery goals.
Our plastic surgery practice is dedicated to protecting your health and helping you achieve your cosmetic plastic surgery goals by providing superior labiaplasty patient care every step of the way, from the first consultation through the recovery period. We believe in making plastic surgery a comfortable fit for your budget and offers a variety of flexible financing options, including CareCredit™. Our in-office patient coordinator is happy to work with you to find a compatible payment option.